Friday 18 April 2014

First post!

Hello there, world!

Soooo my name is Alicia and I've been thinking about making a food blog for a while now, but never thought I would actually do it. But here it is!

The hardest part for me was actually thinking of a good name. I actually have a list on my phone of all of the possible ones that I thought of, but half of them were either already taken or were too long. It's a good thing I didn't go with something like crumpetswithbutterandraspberryjam because I was actually seriously considering that. So I chose crumpetsandjam for no real reason, actually, other than the fact that I really like crumpets and jam. Yes, how exciting, I know, but if there's anything that I eat a lot, it's crumpets and jam. So it seems like a fitting name. I just realized that I said "crumpets and jam" waaaaay too many times there, oh well.

This blog is pretty much a place for me to write down all of the recipes that I've tried or made up. Hopefully most of them will be good, heh I'll probably post about failed cooking attempts too because why not. Maybe I can save someone out there from having a cooking disaster (trust me, I've had many), who knows!

I like baking and cooking -- I do like baking a tiny bit more, though. I don't really mind baking or cooking anything that takes hours, since it's fun and definitely worth the effort! Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, I bake a lot and even broke a hand mixer once because I used it too much, haha whoops...

I always try to bake or cook something good every weekend, but I probably won't be able to post every single thing I make because of school but we shall see, I guess. Hmmmm it makes me wonder why I'm even starting this blog right before exam time... which reminds me... I should be studying, so I hopefully I can actually cook something and write a post soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment