Wednesday 23 April 2014

Vanilla Iced Coffee

There's just something about a mason jar that makes whatever's in it look a little bit cooler. Even though anything with coffee in it is awesome enough, putting it in a mason jar can't hurt either.



Since the weather is starting to get warmer, I've decided that it's time for me to make my first glass (or mason jar) of iced coffee of the year! *cue celebratory music and confetti* And since it's starting to get warm and nice outside (thank you, Canada, it's about time!), I took a whole whack of pictures outside because why not?



D'awwww, now doesn't that just look so pretty?

But wait -- there's more!


When I look at this picture, I quietly laugh to myself -- oh man, I'm so funny *sigh*

get it?
...
iced coffee!

*ba dum tsssss*

I used to always make iced coffee using instant coffee, by dissolving a spoon of instant coffee granules into a glass of milk and adding sugar and ice (which, by the way, is great if you're feeling lazy and are looking for a quick alternative). But if you're feeling extra fancy, you can brew the coffee and chill it, which is how I make the Vanilla Iced Coffee in the recipe below.

I like to sweeten the iced coffee with condensed milk because I find that granulated sugar doesn't dissolve well in cold coffee and I honestly can't be bothered to make a simple syrup. As a bonus, the condensed milk makes the coffee milky (duhhh) and so it kind of acts like a milk and sugar two-in-one.

I find it funny how this recipe seems to be for the truly lazy. Not only because of the use of condensed milk, but because to get the coffee to be vanilla flavoured, I used a French Vanilla K-Cup (from Timothy's). So pretty much all I had to do was use the Keurig to brew the coffee into a mason jar half-filled with ice, add some condensed milk and voilĂ !

Not sure if this even really needs proportions and measurements since it's all up to you, but here they are anyways



Yield: 1 serving


  • 1/3 mason jar of ice cubes
  • A mug of freshly brewed coffee of your choice (I used a Timothy's French Vanilla K-Cup (brewed using the large size))
  • Sweetened condensed milk to taste (I used 2 tbsp)


Now go outside and enjoy the nice weather while drinking iced coffee woooooooo!!


No comments :

Post a Comment